‘Not finance. Not strategy. Not technology. It is teamwork that remains the ultimate competitive advantage, both because it is so powerful and so rare’. Patrick Lencioni
We believe organisations can only operate successfully when talented individuals work together in teams to deliver exceptional results. Informational ubiquity and nanosecond change in organisations create challenge at best and chaos at worse. High performing teams can embrace these challenges and cut through chaos. Our team coaching harnesses the power of individuals to achieve more than the sum of the parts.
‘Do you want a collection of brilliant minds or a brilliant collection of minds?’ Meredith Belbin
Belbin captures the idea that a successful team is one that provides results greater than the sum of its parts. How often have you worked in teams where everyone has great skills but somehow they are not all employing those skills in the same direction?
Worse still how often do you find that in your teams:
- there is a lack of trust and understanding of each other
- key individuals in the team are driven by individual rather than collective goals
- there is little accountability causing resentment, mediocrity and different standards
- there is no clear direction or purpose or common objectives and priorities
- you feel that you are going round in circles and never achieving the results that the team should be achieving
- team members engage in an artificial harmony where politics abound and critical issues are ignored
- it is difficult to come to consensus in decision making
Our team coaching tackles such challenges in a collective, open and thought provoking way that uses leading edge thinking, research and tools in team coaching and an interactive, experiential approach to build working relationships for high performance.